The Board of Directors has approved the following dress policy for our club. The dress regulations take into consideration current trends in golf wear and practices of other golf clubs.
The purpose of these dress regulations is to develop an underlying spirit where all members and guests respect each other and honour the traditions of the club by wearing proper attire, which is clean, neat and tidy when on club property. The following standards must be maintained at all times:
The following applies to all members, their guests and tournament participants
- Denim garments of any colour, camouflage pattern clothing, sweatpants, jogging pants/shorts, spandex, non-belted golf style shorts/pants with exterior pockets, cut-offs and T-shirts are prohibited.
- Military attire is not permitted on the golf course or on the practice areas.
- Footwear that could damage the course is not permitted on the golf course or on the practice areas.
- Hylands Golf Club is a soft spike facility – hard spikes will not be permitted under any circumstance.
- Golf headdress, including hats, visors and headbands, is permitted in the clubhouse. Gentlemen are requested to remove their headdress in the Dining Room.
Ladies and Junior/ Intermediate Girls
Long trousers or tailored slacks, Capri pants, skorts, belted golf style shorts with exterior pockets, golf shirts, turtleneck blouses/sweaters, golf dresses and shorts may be worn. (Skirts, skorts, dresses and shorts must be no shorter than mid thigh.) NOTE: Sleeveless shirts, blouses and dresses must have an attached collar.
- Shirts designed to be worn over slacks/shorts/skirts/skorts are permitted providing they have a finished bottom and fall no more than 2” to 4” below the waist.
- Tank tops, tube tops, scooped necklines, bare midriffs, and long untucked shirts are not permitted.
Gentlemen and Junior/Intermediate Boys
- Shirts with attached collars, turtleneck shirts and mock turtlenecks (short or long sleeve) may be worn.
- Shirts must always be tucked into golf slacks or golf shorts unless they are designed to be worn outside (elasticised waist)
- Long trousers or tailored slacks, “Plus Fours”, walking type shorts or belted golf style pants or shorts with exterior pockets may be worn. (Shorts must be no shorter than mid thigh and no longer than knee length and must be worn with socks or sockettes.
Juniors – General
Hylands recognises that children’s clothing trends often vary from adults; therefore Juniors will be permitted some leniency provided their attire is in good taste. Parents or sponsors are responsible for ensuring that no prohibited items are worn and the juniors’ attire adheres as closely as possible to the Dress Code.
MEMBERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DRESS OF THEIR GUESTS
AT ALL TIMES WHILE THEY ARE ON CLUB PROPERTY
The authority to apply and enforce this dress code is vested in Board Members, the General Manager, Assistant General Manager, Events Co-ordinator, Professional Staff, Club Captain, Starters and Marshals.