Course Rules and Dress Code
Hylands Local Rule Regarding the use of Distance-Measuring Devices
“Distance measuring devices are permitted for all play (i.e., casual play and all competitions), provided the device measures distance only. If, during a stipulated round, a player uses a distance-measuring device that is designed to gauge or measure other conditions that might affect his play (e.g., gradient, windspeed, temperature, etc.), the player is in breach of Rule 14-3, for which the penalty is disqualification, regardless of whether any such additional function is actually used.”
Hylands Local Rule Regarding Stones in Bunkers
“Stones in bunkers are movable obstructions (Rule 24-1 applies).”
The Golf Club is licensed to serve alcoholic beverages in the clubhouse a well as on the course. The liquor license does not permit anyone to bring or consume their own alcoholic drinks!
On the Course
- Each player must have their own set of clubs.
- Both pull carts and motorized golf carts are to be kept outside the white lines in front of the greens and at least 30 feet from any part of the greens.
- All carts are to be kept off the tee boxes.
- Please smooth over all marks in the sand traps with the rakes provided.
- Please replace divots on the fairways and tees or use the sand/seed mixture in the bottles provided.
- Please repair ball marks on the greens using a tool designed for that purpose.
- Driving Range practice balls are not allowed in play on either course at any time
Cart Rental Policy
- Carts will only be rented to persons who have a driver’s license.
- No person who has rented a Hylands golf cart may allow an unlicensed driver to operate the cart.
MEMBERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DRESS AND BEHAVIOUR OF THEIR GUESTS AT ALL TIMES WHILE THEY ARE ON CLUB PROPERTY
The Board of Directors has approved the following dress policy for our club. The dress regulations take into consideration current trends in golf wear and practices of other golf clubs.
The purpose of these dress regulations is to develop an underlying spirit where all members and guests respect each other and honour the traditions of the club by wearing proper attire, which is clean, neat and tidy when on club property. The following standards must be maintained at all times:
MEMBERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DRESS OF THEIR GUESTS AT ALL TIMES WHILE THEY ARE ON CLUB PROPERTY
The authority to apply and enforce this dress code is vested in Board Members, General Manager, the Professional Staff, Club Captain, Starters, and Marshals.